toketaWare is a small software development business based in the UK (just outside York.) When I say small, I mean really small. Currently it's just me Craig Scott.
Toketa is a term used in Judo to describe when a person has escaped from being pinned down i.e. they've broken free. Seemed apt somehow - software that sets you free. That's the goal anyhow!
iThoughts mindmapping has been around nearly 10 years and toketaWare ltd has existed for over 5 years.
- Jun 2008 - Started playing with iPhone development as a hobby (had a 'proper job' at the time!)
- Oct 2008 - Shipped iThoughts v1 on AppStore (2 months after it first opened)
- Apr 2010 - Shipped iThoughtsHD v1 (for iPad - before I'd even seen one!)
- Jun 2010 - Gave up my day job (to work on iThoughts full time.)
- Jan 2013 - Formed toketaWare ltd (should've done this sooner!)
- Aug 2013 - Shipped iThoughtsX (for Mac)
- Jun 2014 - Shipped 'universal' iThoughts (for iOS and retired original iPhone/iPad iThoughts apps)
- Feb 2017 - Shipped iThoughts (for Windows)
- 'Original' iThoughts (iPhone/iPad) had over 120 free updates.
- iThoughts (Mac) has had over 70 free updates.
- 'New' iThoughts (iOS) has had over 40 free updates.
- iThoughts (Windows) has already had over 30 free updates.
For all enquiries please email me direct and I'll do my best to help.
If you're experiencing an issue, I might have an answer/workaround on the known issues page.
If you'd like to be informed (by email) when significant things happen in toketaWare/iThoughts land then please consider subscribing for email updates.