v1.3 is now live - hit 'Check for Updates' to get it now.
This version adds the following new features:
- Find/Replace (CMD+F)
- More export options
- OPML (supported by most outliners and mindmap apps)
- CSV (good old Excel and Numbers like this stuff)
- Markdown (plain text with formatting)
- More import options
- Rich Text .rtf (as generated by Word and Pages)
- Plain Text .txt (with TAB or 4xSPACE indentation)
- Markdown .md/.markdown
- Improved Drag/Drop support
- Drag/Drop Markdown, Plain Text or RTF text directly onto a map and have it turn it into topics.
- 'Copy As' menu option to place a PDF, PNG or Markdown copy of the map directly onto the clipboard. Great for pasting straight into an email or other document.
- Various other UI tweaks, bug fixes and performance improvements.
To import a file, simply Drag it from Finder and Drop it on the iThoughtsX icon.
When importing Markdown, iThoughtsX will attempt to turn the document into a mindmap. Headers and bullet points will be turned into topics (children and siblings as expected.) Paragraph text will be added as notes to their associated header topic. Bold, italic and hyperlink attributes will also be imported. Even links to images will be imported (the image will be downloaded and inserted into the topic.)
When importing Plain or Rich text, iThoughtsX will attempt to turn the information into a mindmap. Each line will become a new topic and TAB or 4xSPACE indentation will result in a new child level.
As always, any questions, suggestions or issues - just let me know and I'll do my best to help.