The next update to iThoughtsX (due very soon) includes a new 'website export' feature. With a single click (or two) you can generate a mini website for your mind map and its associated images and attachments.
See below for a screenshot of the new export option and a quick map I created with the help of wikipedia.
The resulting website can be seen here.
A few things to notice:
- The images are clickable and display their 'full res' counterparts (try the Portsmouth topic.)
- The hyperlinked text within the topics is clickable (taking you to Wikipedia)
- There are 2 PDF documents embedded within the mind map - they are also published to the mini website.
- Hovering over the small notes icon (on the central topic) will reveal topic notes. Clicking on this will take you to a page for the notes.
- In the bottom corner is a small link which will take you to an HTML outline of the map.
Whilst I concede that it's not Wordpress - it is a quick and easy way to create a small interactive 'site' straight from your map.
NB: for those interested in 'how it works' - the mind map is exported as an image and then various HTML files are auto generated (making the various areas of the image 'clickable'.) Then all the notes, images and attachments are all zipped up into a single website.zip file. To publish it, open the zip and upload the folder within to your web server.