I'm pleased to announce that iThoughts v1.18 is now available to download from this site. The AppStore version will be available to download in a week or so.
So what's new?
- Keyboard shortcuts have been 'tweaked' in a fairly fundamental way to bring them more into line with the 'standard' OSX approach (more on that below.) Apologies now for all that wasted muscle memory...
- Research (CMD R) will open Google with the currently selected text.
- Many more desktop formats supported for export:
- iMindmap (.imx)
- Novamind5 (.nm5)
- XMind (.xmind)
- ConceptDraw (.cdmz)
- MindView (.mvd and .mvdx)
- More desktop formats supported for import:
- Simtech Mindmapper (.twdx)
- MindView for Windows (.mvdx)
- Website export (see here)
- Export task HTML reports (by resource or project)
- Harvard numbering style (I. 1. A. ...)
- Improved keyboard support:
- CMD <arrow key> will now switch sides for branches
- Arrow key navigation more logical (starts at first child in list - not nearest)
- F2 to edit text - just like Windows :-)
- SHIFT click will select multiple adjacent topics
- CTRL CMD F to toggle full screen mode
- Text attributes are copied when creating siblings (but not children)
- Pus the usual bunch of performance improvements.
So, those fundamental keyboard changes?
- RETURN will END edit (previously it would immediately create a new child)
- ESC will ABORT edit and return the text to its original pre-edit state (previously it would end editing and leave the text.) If you hit ESC by accident and lose your changes then undo will recover it.
- CMD RETURN whilst editing will create a new sibling - splitting the text as necessary.
It doesn't stop there...the modifier keys used when clicking have changed:
- ALT drag will now COPY (previously it was CMD drag)
Finally...selecting topics has also changed:
- CMD click will toggle the selection state of an individual topic (previously it was SHIFT click)
- SHIFT click will select multiple adjacent topics.
Apologies again - but longer term I'm hoping it should make the app easier to use.
As always, any questions, suggestions or issues then just let me know.