I'm delighted to announce that v2 of iThoughtsX (Mac) and iThoughts (iOS) are now both available for download. The headline feature is 'Styles'.
Styles enable you to pre configure how a map will look. You can, for example, specify that a map will have a 'Real Paper' background canvas and all level1 topics will be red ovals with 24point Courier text. Styles can be retrospectively applied to maps and you can build your own styles - even share them with colleagues.
For more information, see here
NB: Ideally you will upgrade iOS and OSX versions simultaneously since Styles are not supported in previous versions and may get 'stripped out' if the ITMZ file is opened/saved using an older version of the app.
In addition to Styles, the following features/fixes have also been developed:
- 5 new canvas patterns
- Natural Paper
- Black Paper
- Rice Paper
- Green Card
- White Bricks
- 2 new topic shapes (see here)
- Square bracket
- Curved bracket
- New 'grid layout' feature which will 'line up' topics at the same level in Horizontal and Vertical layouts (great for org chart type diagrams.) See here.
- New 'Wireframe+Colour+Text' option which will result in topics being drawn in 'outline' with the text being the same colour as the topic (great when used with Solarized colours.) See here.
- iOS Specific:
- x-callback-url support - you can now 'drive' iThoughts from other apps (e.g. Editorial, Drafts, Launch Center Pro.) See here.
- New 'trash can' button (to delete topics)
- Mac Specific:
- New colour picker (same as iOS)
- Icon favourites.
- New way to drag/select topics using marquee
- Resize indicator when drag resizing topics.
- New 'Yosemite Style' icon - see here.
There are also a whole bunch of fixes and performance improvements:
- Box.net integration (via WebDAV) now more reliable.
- Dropbox issue with multiple accounts fixed.
- Dropbox now uses OAuth2 which plays more nicely with corporate SSO.
- Markdown import improved
- Drag/drop topics will be placed on end of list (not in middle)
- Blurriness issues resolved.