It's been over a week since v4 was released. A loooong week! Markdown is like Marmite - some people love it, others hate it.
Anyhow, I've just released v4.2 which fixes a bunch of early teething problems as follows:
- Double click/tap the notes window to enter Edit mode.
- ⌥⌘T to toggle between Edit and View notes.
- ⌘B and ⌘I will now apply Bold/Italic at the topic level. This changes the font for the topic rather than add Markdown punctuation so it won't be included in any Markdown export.
- PPTX export no longer includes the Markdown formatting
- Word count is now updated properly
- Code blocks now default to using ``` rather than 4 spaces
- Triple space (iOS) now strips off any period character.
- The font used for headers has been reduced in size.
There is also a new Highlight (text formatting) option as below:
I guess this is another advantage of the new Markdown approach that I haven't really communicated. Additional textual formatting can be added in future and it will remain entirely backwards compatible.
Any other questions, suggestions of issues just drop me a line.