CMD+P will present the print options window as below .You can print the whole map or just the selected branch:
You will be prompted to configure how the printout should generated. The following settings can be administered:
- Watermark. This is text that will be placed in the bottom right corner of the map image. You might use this for a copyright notice. You can include 'variables' in the text - for example "$name - $modified © ACME":
- $name (name of the map)
- $path (path of the map)
- $modified (date/time of the most recently modified topic in the map.)
- Map Scale. This is how much to scale the map (up or down.) Setting it to 'Single Page' will scale it so that the whole map fits on a single page.
- Map Page Size. This is the page/paper size (e.g. Letter, A4 etc) that the map will be printed to. Depending upon the scale setting above, the map may be broken up into multiple pages which when printed out can be assembled together into a single map (sticky tape not included :-)
- Notes Appendix. If set then topic notes and links will be included in appendix pages after the map.
- Notes Page Size. This is the page size to print the notes to. This can be different to the map page size - thus enabling the map to be printed on A2 and the notes on A4 (for example.)
An estimation of how many pages are required is also given (large maps can take up a lot of pages!)
When Print Map or Print Selection is clicked, a PDF of the map will be generated and sent over into the Preview app - which can then print it.
In the example above, the map is split across multiple pages which can be 'stuck together' after being printed - see below for the PDF.